Wednesday 29 November 2017

Rest in peace, professor


Afbeeldingsresultaat voor martin stein firestorm
Hy guys, and welcome to my blogpost in remembrance of Professor Martin Stein, half of Firestorm. Aka, one of my favorite characters in the Arrowverse. To all of you who haven't seen the crossover yet, well.. It's to late if you've already read the title of this blogpost.
I'm still thinking it will be a dream and I still have to watch episodes 3 and 4 of 'Crisis on Earth-X'.. But twitter keeps reminding me it's real, they killed Martin, our beloved professor Stein.


Afbeeldingsresultaat voor barry allen crying gif

I still remember the first time we met Firestorm. The 8th episode of The Flash, Flash vs. Arrow we actually didn't meet Stein but Ronnie (and Stein inside) as a homeless man who released fire from his hands when he almost got robbed.
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ronnie and stein firestorm
That also was the first time that we learned that Ronnie was alive.. The good old times. We actually didn't have a clue that Stein was inside his body....yet.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ronnie and stein firestormBut we mostly got to know Stein during his time onboard The Waverider. He changed from the guy who was afraid of a lot of stuff to the guy who gave his life for his teammates. His bond with Jax may have been psychic but he definitely was the father figure the rest of the team looked up to too.

In the first episodes of this massive 2 night (4 episode) crossover, I remember Stein saying "I want to tell my grandson stories of our adventure. I want to teach him how to play chess". And I really wanted this to be true for him. They got the 'cure' for Firestorm in their pocket but they were waiting for a more relaxed moment to take it and split up Firestorm.

The part that made me (and a lot of others) cry the most was not his death or the fact he was going to die. No. It was the part after his death when Sarah visited him that made me sob the most. She didn't say a thing but omg, I cried my eyes out!

After this part, we got a look at the rest of the team members and I almost missed this precious moment (it made me sob even more). ->

I really hope they will keep his glasses on the waverider as a reminder of Martin and his wonderfull time as the last part of the original Firestorm.

"He was the best man, right until the end. The best teacher. Friend. Husband. Father." - Jax


His last words to Jax were as fitting as they could be for Stein : "I hope your life is long and full of love, just as mine has been". 
And I really hope he will be right.


Tell Ronnie we miss him, Rest in peace Grey.


This was, like I said, the most devastating death in a long time. It will be a while before the hole in our hearts will be filled again. Goodbye Grey, but don't forget: Legends NEVER die.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor martin stein firestorm

Bye guys!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment